Sunday, April 24, 2011

Vintage Camera? How much do you see?

Who doesn't love a vintage Polaroid? I created this image for my final project for DCG. I learned a lot about observation and of course, the gradient mesh tool. I have never studied a picture in such detail before. It is amazing how much we miss going through life... until you need to create shadows, imperfections and match color. I really don't think we pay that much attention! There is so much behind all of the objects in our lives... take a moment and pick up one of your favorite objects and study it. Why do you love it? What is it brings that such emotion out of you? Is it the color, the texture, the way the light shines on it? Is it beautiful, unique, empowering? Do you carry it in your pocket so it is always with you? Or do you display it on your mantle to share it with others?
Though I now see people and objects in shapes and gradients, which can be a little distracting, I have learned a lot about how to see objects on a new level. Go observe something. You may be surprised!

No comments:

Post a Comment