Tuesday, April 26, 2011

365 ?

I'm toying with an idea. The whole 365 ... create something everyday craze is all around on the blogosphere. Does that mean I should do it, too? Or does that mean I shouldn't do it? I think it sounds like a great challenge and a great way to learn new techniques and find new inspiration. I am getting myself wrapped up in a product before I have even really learned about who I am as a designer. Maybe by putting my marketing plan on hold, I can just create, experiment, and be crazy for a year, and see where I end up? Ideas: pattern, font (cool letters), color palettes, photos of pattern in nature... maybe a combination of them?! I think I may need to think about this for a bit. I'm on Spring Break and I have a bit of time before my next class takes off.

This pattern is one I created for a contest for Spoonflower.com. It was great because I was confined to the contest theme "Daffodils." It is amazing how much you can pull out when you least expect it. The idea of working toward a goal which has some theme, or confining rules, gets me very excited and I know this will bring a lot of surprises. Sometimes you never know what will come of it! Hmm.

1 comment: