Monday, August 22, 2011

Soothing Butterfly



This image is modern, bold, and awe-inspiring. The shimmer is an important feature in this image which is difficult to describe in color. Using monotones brings the story of this palette to something soothing, relaxing... in many ways does not bring that same impact as the photo does. In order to make this palette bring the same feeling as the photograph, the designer would have to ensure multiple textures and to bring one color into focus. Or use a pattern that is made up of all the colors, but to the eye seems like one bold color. I am liking this... I am usually drawn to the greens and browns of nature. This blue palette is beautiful!

National Geographic

2 comments:

  1. Is white ever part of a palette, or is always a freebie?

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, I would say white is definitely part of the palette. I think it may depend on the context of the palette. If we are talking interiors, I would add white if I had white molding, accents, furniture, etc. If we are talking about web design, I would be more likely to not include white unless it was a prominent part of the style. I think for my final answer, if I was using more than 5 colors for the palette, adding white and black may be just accent colors in most cases.

    ReplyDelete