Monday, May 9, 2011

Line 1: Orange Stem Stripe




Oh, a refreshing beginning to week two: Lines. Using nature as my inspiration, I sketched a simple line drawing using a stem of leaves alternating with a solid line. It was simple, but I wanted to see how I could improve my skill and create a pattern with Ai that actually worked without a lot of hassle... and I did it! It took a few tries, but I think I know now what I was doing wrong. I am also improving the organization of my Ai document, though you can't see that so you'll have to take my word for it. This took approximately 1.2 hours from beginning of sketch to finished product.

I would love to see this printed on a linen or fabric with a lot of texture. Great pillows for your garden nook. Or cute even on a garden apron! The possibilities are endless.

No comments:

Post a Comment