Thursday, May 12, 2011

Line 4: Grassy Stripe



A simple stripe, you say? Oh, yes. Thank you!! I did the photoshop stripe "define pattern" and I conquered it. I wanted the stripe to be random, and interestingly enough, the way to my eye that looks more random is to insert one repeat within the initial image instead of having every line different, and than repeating the whole random block. The repeat worked well, and now I can use this pattern for any future design projects I want! I learned several things along they way, so I hope to revisit this tool on the weekend for pattern 6 or 7, with a little more flair.

This took me approximately 35 minutes... I think I would have been very more efficient in Ai, but that isn't always the point, is it? I like all the greens in this pattern and can picture many applications for this!

No comments:

Post a Comment