Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Monotone 3: Twig Texture

This pattern was drawn in Illlustrator. I was inspired by texture of twigs lying in a very geometric pattern on the ground. I chose a light background and used the blob tool to give the "twigs" a light airy shape. To do the repeat, I manually stacked the groups together in order to give it a more natural appearance. This pattern was a quick one... 20 minutes on this, too. Busy nights don't allow me to spend too much time, but I am learning new techniques already, in this short time! Wouldn't this be cool in a big stretched frame as wall art?

1 comment:

  1. i think this is my favorite. Love it! I love the black and white and i can imagine it with color too. Bright background with simple black lines. reminds me of NYC and MOMA. I can imagine this on pillows, and like you say stretched over a frame, i would love it on the cover of a notebook too. This print makes me want to redesign my living room.

    ReplyDelete