Friday, May 13, 2011

Line 5: Rainbow Experiment







I had a little help with this one... I was out of inspiration and my kids help me with something they thought of with stripes in nature. Of course, RAINBOWS! Very wonderful idea, don't you think? I used Ai to define this diagonal stripe pattern, and then I did a little more work to play with the idea, and really figure out how to best use the function. I was able to make some plaids, which are definitely not lines, or stripes, but are built from them. I also included the basic diagonal line so you can see where it started. I actually made a box 1inch big to repeat this pattern to the diagonal. It was a great experiment with color, opacity, and adjusting the rotation and movement of the lines. Which one is your favorite? Using rainbows as my inspiration brings many different moods in the patterns I made. Very powerful lesson here!
Thanks for your comments!

2 comments:

  1. I simply must remember to sign in before I attempt to comment. I really love plaids and was waiting for you to get to them. My fav is the white background followed by the muted blue. I'm very traditional in my color-way preferences, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great. what is better than a rainbow. I love stripes and plaids. i like the grey background. The scale of the lines is nice.

    ReplyDelete