Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Line 3: Rock Stripe




Here I go with some rocks! I would love to see this as an all-over pattern, but I am doing stripes this week, so I figured out a way to make it work. Using a sketch, I used the pen tool to create the graphic rock shapes. I played around a lot with color, finally deciding on a relaxing palette inspired by the colors of water and sand. It took be about 45 minutes.

I am struggling with thinking of an application for this pattern in the fabric world...maybe a tablecloth? I can imagine this on paperware like napkins and plates for a cute beach party.

2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful. I would totally use this as drapes in my ocean-view bedroom, which has floor to ceiling windows facing west. I think it would work either sheery fabric or solid, heavy drapes. Just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the twigs and leaf shadow especially. This pattern would make a really interesting bias binding if the scale is small enough.

    ReplyDelete