Monday, May 2, 2011

Monotone 1: Grey Hyacinth




Week One: Monotones. Inspired by a hyacinth I saw at Meijer Gardens today... I drew this simple repeat pattern. I am still learning to do the actual repeat in Illustrator, thus could only do a simple block repeat here. Let me know what you think! From beginning to end (not including the blog posting) this took me 45 minutes, wow! I played around with attempting a half-drop and could not do it on my own. Tell me what you think! Be honest and give me a critique. Please look at color, texture, shape/form, and skill of repeat. I appreciate your opinions!

2 comments:

  1. PS... the sketch was not scanned for the actual design. I sketched the idea on paper, then used by tablet to draw it into Illlustrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather,
    I love the gray background. Good luck on making it into a pattern! Nice blog.

    ReplyDelete