Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Patterned Ground 3: Orange Border






Today I am playing around with a gingham of sorts. I was trying to go for a basket weave, but I didn't quite make it there. I used Ai again (I know I may have let you down) but what can I say! It took 60 minutes to produce these repeats... I had to play around with it a bit to get it exactly right. I like the brightness of this pattern and can see it on some pretty summer napkins. To be honest, I am trying to go in a different color direction than I usually use in order to experiment and go out of my safety zone. I most wanted grey and pink or green, but I went the other way. I produced two different patterns from this idea. What do you think??

2 comments:

  1. I'm amazed at the complexity you can achieve. Not to mention so cheery & pretty. I either count 3 or 4 patterns. How do you get two?

    ReplyDelete